Sunday, April 26, 2009

2 Minute Mint Chutney



Sorry it has been so long since I last updated my blog- I have been swamped with projects and exams and such. Regardless, I'm back and equipped with many a recipe to catch you all up on! Thank you to everyone who has left me comments, I really appreciate it! Now the formalities are done, I feel the need to talk about today's recipe. It's a quick, delicious mint chutney recipe which I learnt from my Madre and modified slightly ( like most of my recipes). You can use it as a dipping sauce, I have it with my Sunday roast. Oh and I love it on my cheese sandwiches. It's a great way to jazz up regular recipes and it takes 2 minutes to make. Check it out:

What we need:

Handful washed mint
Handful washed coriander
Half onion
1/2 green chilli (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp tomato ketchup (original recipe uses tamarind paste-both work well)
2 tbsp water

How we do:
  • Add all of the ingredients into a food processor
  • Once grinded into a smooth consistency, taste for salt. If more is needed, add now.
  • BALLE BALLE! You're done.

1 comment:

  1. hi! nice blog! have a nice day! :-)
    http://gjramos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete