Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Indian Restaurants In Orlando


I have had the pleasure of living in the wonderful city of Orlando for the past 5 years. Unfortunately, I have not enjoyed the same pleasure at Indian Restaurants in this Sunshine State. Today's blog post (rant) comes from years of tolerating the poor quality of food Indian Restaurants serve in this city with bad service in a non existent atmosphere! Tonight, after experiencing another below average visit to a local Orlando Indian Restaurant, I felt the need to say enough is enough! Let's review the regrettable experiences I've had in the last few years:

1) Aashirward: Cold Samosas (still frozen?), Off tasting kebabs, Bad Service, Bill was charged 3 times to debit card.

2) Tabla: Overpriced. Every dish I tried tasted the same. No atmosphere.

3) Woodlands: Woodlands is probably the best of the bunch. Saying this, their food is incredibly greasy and heavy. Service is mediocre as is the atmosphere.

4) Tun-Dur-Ree: This is more of a fast casual restaurant in Tampa. It's a great concept but the food quality is below average (frozen food warmed up in a microwave, served in a plastic box). Also, their tag line is 'Magic of the Indian Grill' but I honestly don't think they even had a grill in their kitchen. Zero on the ambiance. Got to say that their Madras Coffee was really good.

5) The New Punjab: Not much to say. Extremely average.

6) Memories of India: Portion sizes are ridiculously small and exceptionally overpriced ( $5 for one ice cream scoop?) Food was mediocre and service was very average and again a zero on the atmosphere. I've visited my motherland many times and I recall my memories of India being a lot better than this experience! It really puzzles me how Orlando Sentinel rates them as being the number 1 Indian Restaurant year after year.


I don't know if it's just me but I feel like the state of Indian Restaurants leaves a lot to be desired after visiting them. Thoughts/Comments???

No comments:

Post a Comment